Flash gas chromatography electronic nose
The HERACLES Neo range of electronic noses are dedicated to the analysis of your products’ aroma and, when combined with the AroChemBase software option, can identify the chemical composition of the odour. Thanks to its numerous applications, its high precision and ease of use, gain greater control of the sensory profile of your products.
Unique benefits of the HERACLES Neo electronic nose
- Increased reliability of sensory evaluation
- Improved sensory quality within production and assured consistency over time
- Standardised aroma quality of products between production sites on a global scale
- Control the sensory characteristics of products
- Investigate customer claims linked to smell or off-odours, decreasing financial loss
- Significantly decrease production loss thanks to earlier detection and better reactivity on olfactory defects
- Speed up liberating tests on production batches
The sensory profile and sensory quality of a product are key factors for its success among consumers, as such, there is a constant need for sensory evaluation from the product development stage, right through to production quality control level.
To ensure a consistent excellence in quality, electronic sensory analysis is now a very common quality control application in industry and is often employed in combination with a sensory panel during the R&D stages
Flavour profiling & odour analysis for product development
The sensory profile, and the product's aroma in particular, has a strong influence on consumers’ choice and preference. Thanks to its numerous applications, the electronic nose is a valuable support tool for designing new products that meet consumers’ expectations:
In an R&D environment the HERACLES Neo is ideal for:
- Recipe optimisation to reach a target sensory profile
- Design of innovative product with a totally unique aroma
- Product re-design (retro-engineering) to change or improve sensory features: new recipe, new aroma, new packaging
- Benchmarking of competitive products based on their sensory profile
- Change of manufacturing process or ingredients substitution (sugar-free, low carb, etc.) and assessment of the impact on product aroma
Heracles Neo 300 Series the ultimate R&D tool
The HERACLES Neo 300 Series is the full option package designed for R&D customers, combining all the features of the HERACLES Neo 200 for QA/QC with advanced statistical data processing tools.
As with all of Alpha MOS' sensory analysis instruments, the system is controlled with the unique AlphaSoft software platform.
- Gas and Liquid injection autosampler
- 1 tray x 60 positions (Headspace)
- 3 trays x 54 positions (Liquid)
Advanced Statistical Processing
LEVEL A - Data exploration prior to building another model: Principal Components Analysis (PCA) is an easy qualitative comparison of samples.
LEVEL B - Includes Quality Control charts (SQC & SIMCA), Qualitative models (DFA), Quantitative model (PLS).
A unique database of molecules with numerous search capabilities to help identify the compounds detected when assessing odours. Based on the Kovats index, it delivers a list of possible molecules with related sensory attributes, sorted by relevance index.
With this new patent pending method for data processing, HERACLES Neo achieves easier and faster tracking of chemical and sensory defects that can occur during production. Sensory ID is Alpha MOS' proprietary model designed for industry users who need to make quick and accurate decisions with a PASS/FAIL display.
MMI Pro (optional)
An intuitive interface specifically designed for production operators. Find all your tools in one window – view, create, and easily launch your ultra fast analysis. MMI Pro is designed for the production environment by reducing the number of steps to launch an analysis, thus reducing potential human errors.
REQUEST A BROCHURE
To request a HERACLES Neo brochure please complete the below form, including application interest if relevant.